Some simple thoughts and hopefully some entertaining / educational / useful / useless bits and bobs to help you get through the day.

go to pinkfrogcreative.com

Sunday 27 February 2011

Pure genius – turn your iphone into a scanner

It's been a busy old time for me, despite suffering from a tedious cold (which has had an annoying impact on my half marathon training!) and so I apologise to those of you who have had to cope with the stresses and strains of daily life without my inane blogging.

So a week off the gym, no time off work, but possibly keeping soothers profit margins up which is a bonus for them I guess...

However, I am feeling much better now and have had a pretty good weekend to regain my strength and do some research into all the good stuff available out there...

Today I bring you a genius app, as always, free! This clever little device turns your iphone into a mobile scanner. 'Why would I need such a thing?' I hear you ask, 'after all I have a remarkable camera on my iphone.' Well after playing with it I can see the benefits over using your camera and then simply emailing the image. It allows you to crop the image immediately on screen, convert it to a mono image, save it into a specific file (useful if you are scanning receipts or expenses for a specific job or client) and all with a few clicks. In fact it is much easier than using the camera alone. It's got my vote.

As always folks, there are more bells and whistles if you upgrade and pay for the service, but the freebie is pretty hot and will certainly make things easier for me when I am out and about.

You can take a look at the application here: Genius scan, and see if it is any good for you, but you might as well try it out before you decide.

There are quite a few things I have discovered this week some of which you can find below – enjoy!

• One of the rarest birds of prey to be found in the Bristish Isles is the White Tailed Sea Eagle. I seriously did not know we could see Eagles here... (see Eagles, get it? Ok, Ok I know it was lame...)

• All builders seem to have sugar in their tea!

• Cats seem to have a bit of a thing for 'faux fur' beware of where you leave your throws!

• Black pudding is now available as party food, served in teeny weeny balls and I am not ashamed to say that they are deelish.

• The UK has increased its standard wine glass measure, in the majority of licensed establishments, from 125ml to 150ml

• The iphone has a tiny button on the side that turns off all sound alerts (I should really read instructions more thoroughly – I though it was faulty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment