Some simple thoughts and hopefully some entertaining / educational / useful / useless bits and bobs to help you get through the day.

go to pinkfrogcreative.com

Friday 11 February 2011

favicon creator

Rain, rain, rain, doesn't do much for the creative soul, but it does mean that you spend less time gazing out of the window (not that I do that!) and more time being productive (I have definitely been that today!)

I have to say that my morning was the most productive part of the day, while the afternoon seemed to whizz by in a coffee flavoured blur...
I really do believe that going to the gym first thing gives me an adrenalin boost and by the time I am in work mode I am moving at double speed, but enough of my waffling:

Today, in amongst the various things I got up to, I learned of a brilliant, free favicon creator. Now this may well be something that you all knew about, but if not it's a very nifty tool.

For those of you who don't already know, a favicon is that titchy graphic device that appears next to your URL. It helps set your tab (we are living in a tab friendly world now) apart from the rest and as long as you make it simple enough, it can reinforce your brand identity.

Now I won't bore you with science, but, if you have access to a computer and you don't have a favicon for your website, go and have a look now: favicon creator it really is quite straightforward.

Other things I learned today:
• Boy cats are odds on to be more stupid than their female counterparts (but altogether nicer creatures) – not sexist, just an observation.
• Not everybody loves Ian Somerhalder (strange but true)
• Really blue skies just don't look real after a while!
• Porridge just isn't the same if you leave it to cool for too long.
• The correct length of time to brew tea is 3 minutes, with no agitation (only works in a pot apparently!)

ta ta fer now... and remember, you heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment