Some simple thoughts and hopefully some entertaining / educational / useful / useless bits and bobs to help you get through the day.

go to pinkfrogcreative.com

Thursday 28 July 2011

Simply – Harry Potter

Ok, so I am a self confessed Potter Fan. At the very start of this epic journey I even went onto the website and made sure that the sorting hat put me into Gryffindor...

I have watched all of the films (several times) so it was a big thing when the final film(s) came out. I went to see it in 3D, because, well, lets face it, I will buy the DVD and see it in 2D anytime I like, so there! I also chose a late night showing, so that the audience were of a more mature variety. God forbid that an over enthusiastic child should interfere with my viewing pleasure...


For those of you who like Harry Potter, this film does not disappoint. It had me from the opening credits. Although, to be honest the 3D aspect didn't really register with me, not sure I would have noticed the difference either way.

One bit of advice, well, two actually: 1. Make sure you see it on the big screen. 2. if you are a big softy, take a tissue. I was left feeling a little soggy around the earlobes.

I now feel a little bereft, not dissimilar to the feeling I had when the Lord of The Rings trilogy ended. What we need now is for the Pullman trilogy to be completed so that I have something to look forward to...

Oh and some interesting and educational facts for you:

• Lilies are highly toxic to cats – one nibble and they could be an ex-cat!! More info here...
• Dragon fruit, simply does not taste good (but it looks very pretty in the fruit bowl).
• Words with friends, very addictive (but great fun) try it today...

No comments:

Post a Comment