Some simple thoughts and hopefully some entertaining / educational / useful / useless bits and bobs to help you get through the day.

go to pinkfrogcreative.com

Thursday 17 February 2011

It pays to do the legwork

So, a great start to the day. I managed to run for a whole hour, which is no mean feat for me, although I am sure that all of you hardened runners out there will be muttering 'pah!' in my general direction. However, I have a half marathon to aim for in March and I am determined to at least reach the finish line.

Plus, I had some great reactions to a HTML email I sent out in the wee hours – always good to get positive feedback – things going well so far... then I fell down the stairs! Ouch! I clearly had way too much 'good stuff' going on first thing.

Slightly bruised and hoping I don't stiffen up too much, I am thanking my lucky stars that I didn't break anything and it looks like the stairs have survived as well, which is a bonus. If you don't see any updates over the next few days, you will know that I have discovered underlying injuries either through excessive running or the classic fall. I can only be grateful that no-one was around to witness my indignity.

But all of that is by the by, what I wanted to tell you was that yesterday, I met with a friend who, like pinkfrog creative, does things a little differently. She provides an accountancy and VAT return service, where you, as a client do much of the legwork (see what I did there, running, legwork, I am on fire today!) Maybe I am not selling this particularly well, but trust me, that is a plus. The service is based online and provides you with a secure area to file your business data, from invoices to contacts and enables you to keep all of your business administration in one place. Because you upload all the relevant information, the cost is minimal and is tailored to you usage. Variables such as Ltd status, Partnership, size and VAT registration are just a few of the factors that will be taken into account (excuse the pun) in order to calculate your monthly costs.

There is no tie in, so if it doesn't work for you, you simply opt out at any stage. Plus, your VAT return is automatically included in the cost. There are many other elements that make this a particularly attractive offering, one of which is that fact that you will be dealing with people who really care and are very clued up.

I hate number crunching at the best of times (although I daresay if the numbers were chocolate nut flavoured, I might be tempted) so this service makes sense for people who simply don't want to deal with the nitty-gritty, but like to retain a degree of control. For those of you who are tempted to take advantage of this fresh new approach, I would recommend having a look at the website for: Maroon Accounts.

Things learned so far today:
• A hour running is pretty hard going on the soles of your feet (remedy ideas much appreciated)
• Stairs, even carpeted are a damn site harder than they look.
• There's always someone who loves the jobs you hate, like accountants...

Speak soon, enjoy your day and take care on those stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment